Vision for our Future
Each day, Kansas optometrists make a difference in the lives of their patients and the communities they serve. As an integral part of the health care delivery team, they treat and diagnose vision and eye health issues that not only allow their patients to see the world around them more clearly but also lead healthier lives.
There are many opportunities for Kansas optometrists to give back to their communities with programs like See to Learn®, Special Olympics Healthy Athletes Opening Eyes, and VOSH. Through the Resource Development Initiative of the See to Learn Foundation and Kansas Optometric Foundation, we are building on that legacy with a long-term, sustainable campaign to ensure the success of the profession in the future. All this is being done to help at-risk children in your community and provide scholarships to optometry students who are leaving school with more debt than ever before.
There's a strong history of giving within our organization; whether you donate your time, your services or your financial resources, it all makes a difference. Thank you for all the work you do.
See to Learn Foundation | For the Littlest of Us
Through the See to Learn® Program, participating optometrists provide free vision assessments to three-year-olds and educate the public about the important link between vision and learning. The See to Learn Foundation (STLF) was established in 2005 to provide funding for at-risk, school-age children whose families would not otherwise be able to afford eye care. STLF works to fill the gap in care between insurance and other community resources for at-risk children.
KOF | The Future is in Sight
The Kansas Optometric Foundation (KOF) was created in 1963 to advance the future of the optometric profession through education and scholarships. Through the years, the KOF has awarded $136,000 in scholarships to students returning to Kansas to practice. With the ever-increasing cost of optometry school, the KOF is working to increase both the number and the amount of scholarships available to students planning to return to Kansas to practice.
Give to KOF here.
How can you help?
- Discuss ...with your business partner, spouse, children and others about your plans to support the foundations or another optometric charity of your choice.
- Volunteer ...to serve on our Resource Development Committee and during other Foundation supported events in your area.
- Share ...with us if you are aware of grant funding opportunities for children's vision or scholarships. Examples include small community foundations.
- Give ...to either or both foundations. We encourage you to give annually. Gifts to either foundation are tax-deductible charitable contributions.
- Identify ...patients, family members, vendors, educators or others in your community with an interest in vision care and share that information with us.
- Schedule ...a planned giving option through pledges or estate gifts, or consider naming one of the foundations as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy.
Your donations and contributions are vital to the vision of the future. Giving to the See to Learn Foundation and Kansas Optometric Foundation can be personalized; you can make a one-time donation or set up legacy giving to leave a provision in your estate.